Steps to move your Joomla site
- Go in File manager in your hosting control panel. Make a compressed (for example zip) archive of all your files and folders.
- Go in phpMyAdmin and export all your tables with data. Save in a file.
2) Transfer files:
- Login to the hosting control panel of your new site.
- Upload the compressed archive
- Unzip the archive
3) Create Database
- Create a new mysql database on target site
- Create a new mysql user
- Assign user to new database
- Import your .sql dump
4) Change Joomla configuration file
- Edit joomla configuration file (configuration.php) in your favorite text editor.
- Change database name, database username and database user password.
- Change log and temp path variables.
5) Change name servers on your Domain name provider's site and point to new host.
If you find it difficult to move your site manually, we can do it for you. Starting from JUST £9.